Join the Fluvanna Art Association
Download the membership application.
The Fluvanna Art Association was established in 1975. The purpose of the Fluvanna Art Association is to encourage interest in fine art. Meetings are held monthly and provide the members with timely art topics and workshops led by local art experts. Field trips are planned throughout the year. Guests are always welcome at our meetings.
The Fluvanna Art Association members display their works at many locations within the county, at the Fluvanna County Fair, in their Spring Annual Show, and at their People’s Choice Award Show in the Fall.
Workshops are free for FAA members in good standing. We ask nonmembers to contribute $10 per workshop; attend two workshops and your dues for the year will have been paid. Meetings and workshops are held in the Fluvanna County Public Library unless otherwise noted.
We invite you to join us at any of our meetings to learn more about the Fluvanna Art Association!
2018 Schedule of FAA Activities
- Jan. 19 — Linda Staiger
- Feb. 16 — Laura Foussekis and the Louisa Arts Center
- Mar. 16 — What to Expect in Watercolor, part 1
- 2018 Judged Show
- March 19 – Collect and Hang 2:00-6:00 pm
- March 23 – Judging
- March 24 – Reception and Awards 12:30-2:30 PM
- April 20 – Pick up Art 9:00-12:00 noon
- April 20– Page Gifford: Colored Pencils
- May 19– Lara Gastinger: Botanicals and Journaling
- June 15– Troy Weidenheimer: “Watercolor II”
- July 20 — Light and Shadow in Watercolor- William Snow
- Aug 17 — Watercolor III Workshop- Troy Weidenheimer
- Sept. 21 — Still Life demo with oils- Julia Lesnichy
- 2018 People’s Choice Awards Show
- Oct. 19– Mixed Media- Sue Craven Rosen
- Nov. 16 — Field trip TBA
- Dec 14 — Annual Meeting and Christmas potluck