Join the Fluvanna Art Association
Download the membership application.
The Fluvanna Art Association was established in 1975. The purpose of the Fluvanna Art Association is to encourage interest in fine art. Meetings are held monthly and provide the members with timely art topics and workshops led by local art experts. Field trips are planned throughout the year. Guests are always welcome at our meetings.
The Fluvanna Art Association members display their works at many locations within the county, at the Fluvanna County Fair, in their Spring Annual Show, and at their People’s Choice Award Show in the Fall.
Workshops are free for FAA members in good standing. We ask nonmembers to contribute $10 per workshop; attend two workshops and your dues for the year will have been paid. Meetings and workshops are held in the Fluvanna County Public Library unless otherwise noted.
We invite you to join us at any of our meetings to learn more about the Fluvanna Art Association!
2017 Schedule of FAA Activities
- Jan. 20 — Jason Abbott discusses his oil paintings.
- Feb. 17 — Tom Tartaglino discusses oil painting.
- Mar. 17 — Page Gifford discuss watercolor pencils and pastels.
- 2017 Judged Show
- Deliver Art
- March 17 – 9:30-12 PM
- March 20 – 3-6 PM
- Judging- March 24th
- Reception and Awards- March 25 –1-3 PM (Saturday)
- Pick up Art- April 21st –before 5 PM
- April 21 — Troy Weidenheimer painting Fluvanna skies
- May 19 — Linda Bethke discusses watercolor painting.
- June 16 — Troy Weidenheimer Taking Better Reference Photos
- July 21 — William Snow discusses atmosphere in watercolor
- Aug 18 — Amy Shawley printmaking
- Sept. 15 — James Nemer discusses sculptures
- 2017 People’s Choice Awards Show
- Submission Form
- Deliver Art: Monday, September 18th from 3:00-6:00 PM
- Meet the Artists Reception: September 23rd, 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Oct. 20 — Troy Weidenheimer, Fluvanna trees
- Nov. — Field trip TBA
- Dec 8 — Annual Meeting and Christmas potluck