The Fluvanna Art Associations offers two yearly shows: the Annual Show in the Spring, and the People’s Choice Awards Show in the Fall. Both shows encompass three categories, with First, Second, and Third places awarded in each:
- Novice: A budding artist, one who is untrained or has taken a few classes in art at the basic level and shows talent and/or the desire to participate. A novice realizes they need training to advance. We want to encourage all levels of artists and this category is for those that might be shy about their level of experience because they are just starting out.
- Intermediate: anyone not a novice or advanced.
- Advanced: where any one or more of the following applies:
- Sold more than 3 pieces of art work or over $200 in the past year.
- Teach or have taught art classes.
- Work or have worked on commission.
- You are showing or have shown in an art gallery.
These shows are “Must See.” Many talented artists have their most recent work on display, and many pieces are offered for sale. All sales of artwork will be handled by the individual artists who will be responsible for paying 10% to the Fluvanna Art Association.